What is Vaping?
Any use of electronic cigarettes or “e-cigarettes” is referred to as vaping. Vaping is the act of inhaling and exhaling heated aerosol instead of tobacco smoke.
Despite claims that their products are safer and/or healthier than other tobacco products, medical experts have expressed serious concern about the high levels of nicotine present in JUUL vape cartridges. Recent studies have found Nicotine levels in e-cigarettes are generally much higher than that of a typical cigarette.
- STUDY SUGGESTS VAPE PENS, JUULS, AND E-CIGARETTES MAY BE AS HARMFUL AS TOBACCO CIGARETTES
- STUDY SUGGESTS E-CIGS MAY CARRY HEART DISEASE RISK
- STUDY REVEALS THAT E-CIGARETTE FLAVORING AND BATTERY VOLTAGE ARE TIED TO CELLULAR TOXICITY
Put an Experienced Lawyer on Your Side. Call (860) 674-8000 today!
About JUUL Vaping Injury Lawsuit
- What are the allegations against JUUL?
- Failure to Warn and Deceptive Marketing
Juul Labs has only been around since 2015 and has already been the target of several lawsuits
over claims it used deceptive marketing tactics to target youuth and teens who are under the legal smoking age.
- In April 2019, a Florida law firm announced a class-action lawsuit against Juul Labs for violating federal racketeering laws, according to United Press International.
- In 2018, plaintiffs from 14-year-old to adults in several states claimed Juul Labs caused nicotine addiction in consumers by using cartridges with high levels of nicotine potency. – The Washington Post.
- In late 2018, Juul Labs was the target of investigations and bans by local and federal governments agencies. The U. S. Surgeon General issued a rare national advisory about the vaping epidemic among youth and singled out the Juul Labs for its easily concealable design.
Plaintiffs accuse Juul Labs of using the same tactics previously used by large cigarette
companies to target teenagers while knowingly about youth addiction to nicotine.
Plaintiffs allege that JUUL knew its e-cigs were not safe under any circumstance for non-smokers and posed a risk of unhealthy nicotine addiction for people already addicted to cigarettes.
Plaintiffs also allege that JUUL knew its nicotine solution delivers more nicotine into a person’s bloodstream than a traditional cigarette and does so more quickly than a cigarette.
The lawsuits allege JUUL Labs marketed to children through social media and email campaigns,
as well as with sweet fruity flavors reminiscent of candy or popular children snack foods.
FDA INVESTIGATION UNCOVERS REPORTS OF 127 SEIZURES LINKED
TO E-CIGARETTE USAGE
JUUL Side Effects & Potential Damage
The long-term effects of using vape cartridges is not completely known because the invention of the e-cigarette is only a few years old. JUUL vaping pods contain nicotine, which contributes to addiction. The effects of other chemicals in vape cartridges
mirror also present health risks as well.
Potential Health Risks From Using JUUL E-Cigarettes Include:
- Altered brain development
- Cardiovascular disease
- Developmental & reproductive problems
- Heart problems
- Improper brain development
- Increased risk of future cigarette use
- Lung irritation & diseases
- Memory & attention issues
- Nicotine Addiction
- Popcorn lung
- Reduced immune response
- Respiratory Issues
- Stomach issues
Nicotine Addiction Injuries
- Eye Damage
- Injuries To Fingers
- Injuries To Hands
- Injuries To The Mouth
- Injuries To The Tongue
- Potential Vision Loss
- Severe Burns
- Tooth Damage
Facts About JUUL Vaping & E-Cigarettes
- One JUUL vaping cartridge contains more nicotine than one pack of cigarettes
- JUUL intake is through tiny aerosol chemical particles, not actually a vapor.
- E-cigarettes usage is higher in youth than adults. For every 1 adult who stops smoking due to vaping, 81 young people start vaping.
- Nicotine in JUUL damages adolescent brains that are still developing until 25 years old, and can cause addiction.
- 1 in 5 high school kids vape using e-cigarette products.
- JUUL invested thousands of dollars to get into schools, claiming it was an anti-nicotine program. In some cases, teachers were asked to leave the classroom for the presentation. JUUL exposed the youth to e-cigarettes and claiming it was safe.
- JUUL CEO Kevin Burns admitted in an interview with CBS News that JUUL does not know the long-term effects of vaping.
“The Surgeon General has concluded that e-cigarette use among youths and young
adults is of public health concern; exposure to nicotine during adolescence can cause addiction and can harm the developing adolescent brain.” – www.cdc.gov
Can I File a Lawsuit Against JUUL?
If you believe you have been harmed by the use a JUUL vape cartridge due to
inadequate warnings about known dangers and health consequences, or you were led
to believe that using the vaping devices was safe for your health due to JUUL’s
marketing campaigns, you may have a viable cause of action. You should seek the
opinion and guidance of an experienced vaping injury lawyer.
Do You Have a Case? It Costs Nothing to Find Out!
Contact Us for a Free Case Evaluation
If you have been injured by a Vaping Product and need to talk with a personal injury
lawyer, we can help.
- Available to Answer Your Call 24/7
- No Upfront or Out-of-Pocket Costs!
- Successful Track Record
- 40+ Years Experience on Your Side!
There is NO COST or obligation for this service.