Connecticut Wrongful Death Lawyers
If you have lost a loved one in an accident in Connecticut the experienced injury attorneys at Jazlowiecki & Jazlowiecki Law will aggressively pursue your case to get you the highest possible settlement. The unexpected death of a family member can leave a family with financial loss, medical bills, funeral expenses, and the loss of income can be financially devastating to your family.
“Wrongful death” is defined as a death caused by a wrongful act or negligence of another. This wrongful act is the basis for a lawsuit to recover financial damages on behalf of the decedent’s family.
We want to learn about what happened to your loved one. The unexpected death of a loved one is a traumatic and emotional experience. Our injury lawyers have an in-depth understanding of Connecticut’s wrongful death statute. Do You Have A Wrongful Death Case? Call Toll Free: 1-888-606-0063 – Free Case Evaluation!You will never regret getting accurate information that might change your life or the life of the one you love. Contact us Today. It’s FREE!
Wrongful Death Accident Statistics:
- Each year there is an auto collision reported every 1 minute and 10 seconds in the U. S.
- Each year there is 1 vehicle related death reported every 2 hours and 35 minutes.
- Each year more than 40,000 deaths occur in traffic accidents in the U. S.
- There is 1 fatality for every 71 people that are injured in an accident in the U. S.
- Prescription Drug deaths now outnumber traffic accident deaths in U.S.
- Each year there are more than 98,000 prescription errors and pharmacy error errors deaths in the U. S.
- Speeding was determined as the primary cause of death in 28.4% of accidents in the U. S.
- Construction site workers account for 20% of all fatal workplace/industrial accidents.
- According to the Texas Department of every 2 hours a person is killed by a train accident in the U. S.
- According to the N. Y Times 12,000 people die each year from unnecessary surgery.
- According to the National Institute of Health, there are 225,000 Prescription Drugs deaths each in the U. S.
- According to the National Safe Boating Council there are more than 700 boating deaths each year in the U. S.
Representing Wrongful Death Accident Victims:
- Aviation Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accident
- Defective Drugs
- Defective Medical Devices
- Environmental – Toxic Waste
- Maritime / Boating
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Truck Accidents
- Workplace Accidents
- Vehicle Accidents
Connecticut General Statutes – Wrongful Death Statute:
Sec. 52-555. Actions for injuries resulting in death. (a) In any action surviving to or brought by an executor or administrator for injuries resulting in death, whether instantaneous or otherwise, such executor or administrator may recover from the party legally at fault for such injuries just damages together with the cost of reasonably necessary medical, hospital and nursing services, and including funeral expenses, provided no action shall be brought to recover such damages and disbursements but within two years from the date of death, and except that no such action may be brought more than five years from the date of the act or omission complained of.
(b) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsection (a) of this section, an action may be brought under this section at any time after the date of the act or omission complained of if the party legally at fault for such injuries resulting in death has been convicted or found not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect of a violation of section 53a-54a, 53a-54b, 53a-54c, 53a-54d, 53a-55 or 53a-55a with respect to such death.
Jazlowiecki & Jazlowiecki Law – We have been protecting the rights of the severely injured since 1974. We aggressively represent our clients!